It may not be “official” until June 21st, but it feels like summer in downtown Boulder (finally). The tulips have come and gone and new flowers are being planted, pools are open and the 80 degree heat is here. Summertime is my favorite season for more reasons than just being out of school. Downtown Boulder has so much to offer during the summer. Whether it’s patio dining, listening to live music or running through the pop jet fountain, being bored in Boulder this summer is not an option.
Here are just a few things I’m excited about:
- Beautiful weather means patio dining, which is why you will find me people-watching and sampling tequila on Tahona’s patio a few times this summer. If not there, I’ll be having fondue at the Boulder Café, on the patio of course.
- Bands on the Bricks: the outdoor summer concert series begins June 12 and goes until August 14. There are performances every Wednesday night from 7 – 9 p.m. and a beer garden (this year featuring Rio margs)!
- The pop jet fountain: I may not be a child anymore, but Boulder can get pretty hot during the summer, which is why I won’t hesitate to (casually) run through the fountain to cool down.
- The sunny summer weather also means it’s no longer too cold to eat ice cream! Hello Ben & Jerry’s!
With all of these upcoming activities and events, I have some preparing to do.
- I absolutely have to go to Savvy for new maxi dresses and sandals.
- Being the picky bathing suit shopper that I am, the Colorado Swim Shop’s large selection is probably my best bet for finding the perfect bikini.
Let’s cross our fingers and hope that the summer weather is here to stay!