Mother's Day 2020
This Mother's Day will be different for all of us. May it be filled with love, gratitude and appreciation for all moms everywhere! If you are lucky enough to celebrate in person, enjoy every minute of the day. If you must celebrate from afar, that's OK too. Moms are strong and resilient beings and will appreciate all the creative ways that you are able to show your love! This page is dedicated to moms and is meant to help those looking for ideas to celebrate her...
If you're looking for gift ideas, our Mother's Day Gift Guide is a go-to resource that will not only deliver inspiration, but give you an opportunity to help a local business who needs your support. This guide was carefully curated by the amazing people that run the businesses in the downtown district.
Maybe this is the year that you get a little more creative with inexpensive gifts that will still mean the world to the women you love. On this page we've curated some FREE ideas courtesy of local businesses and the Downtown Boulder Partnership staff.
As an extra special way to make the day special, we're inviting you to share a picture of you and a great mother in your life, along with a short love letter. We'll randomly select up to six of you to win a $50 gift card to the downtown Boulder business of your choice. Share with us via email or on social media, tag @DowntownBoulder and use #LoveTheLocal and #MothersDayDowntown2020. Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day Gift Guide
From eats and sweets to shoes and jewelry for every taste - there are dozens of great gifts to be found for moms this year - with the added perk of supporting a local business while you're at it. Check out our gift guide for ideas and ways to shop.
Love Letters to Moms
Share a photo of a mother in your life along with a short note telling her how much she means to you and you'll be entered into a random drawing for one of six $50 gift cards that we'll be giving away to a downtown business of your choice!
Share with us via email or on social media (make sure you tag @DowntownBoulder and use #LoveTheLocal and #MothersDayDowntown2020). No purchase necessary. Photos and love letters must be received by Monday, May 11th. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, May 13th. The entry period falls after Mother's Day with the idea to celebrate moms even more days of the year!
Gift cards courtesy of
DBP Annual Member Sponsors:
Free or Low-Cost Gifts and Activities
We asked downtown Boulder businesses to share some free activities and ideas for making this Mother's Day extra special.
Here are just a few of the great ideas they came up with:
- Kristin from Shoe Fly: Virtual Mother’s Day Tea Party! It's an excuse to whip up fancy finger sandwiches or send along a snack-filled Country Living gift basket. Even better: make one basket for yourself, and send one to her, and you can nibble on lemon shortbread cookies simultaneously from pretty al fresco settings, even if you can't be in the same place.
- Mike from Zeal Optics: Here are some great ideas for nature crafts to do with the kids for Mother's Day.
- Stephanie from Boulder Book Store: Start a book club with your mom or find a book you both want to read and read it to her over Zoom!
- Debbie from Art + Soul Gallery: Everyone can be an artist! Make your own card for Mom and she'll love it forever!
- Lisa from Color Me Mine Boulder: Download free coloring sheets from our website!
Free Downtown Boulder Cards, Coupons & Questionnaire
Do you feel like you don't have a crafty bone in your body? Never fear, the Downtown Boulder Partnership staff has you covered with some options. Enjoy these three ready-to-color cards, coupons and a Mother's Day questionnaire. Add your personal flare and send to that special mom in your life!
Even More from Downtown Boulder Businesses
Here are some additional ideas, giveaways and great options from Downtown Boulder businesses:
- Jax Fish House is popping up at The Post Brewing with some tasty Mother's Day specials. See them here.
- JOHN ATENCIO is offering a Gift with Purchase, and Enter to Win for Mom and Complimentary shipping and easy Virtual Appointments. The gift with purchase is a set of John’s Angel Golden Heart note cards. These were designed by John to share hope, strength and the love of a golden angel during this difficult time.
SALT is offering some tasty to-go brunch or dinner options! Place your order before 4 pm on Saturday by calling 303-444-7258. Check out the menus.
Savory Spice has shared some breakfast and brunch recipes to show the ladies in your life some extra love. See them here.