It is a little crazy to say but the year of 2012 is almost over. With the end of 2012, the world and my internship are scheduled to end. I have truly enjoyed my time working at the Downtown Boulder office and per tradition (Maddie’s previous blog) I have decided to list the top things I have learned while serving as the intern.
- Dave loves apples and loves to share!
- Working in the Downtown Boulder office means you get to enjoy lunch at some of the most delicious restaurants in the downtown area.
- Answering the phone and completing gift card orders will be the most intimidating tasks you will be assigned but they will quickly become the tasks you do most often.
- The most enjoyable task you will be assigned are the mailings. Something about the routines of the task, I just love.
- You will never know where Sean is or how long he will be gone.
- You will be asked to model, whether it be for pictures for the website or for Fashion’s Night Out the intern is the go to in house model.
- If you are an intern near a holiday you will complete hundreds of gift card orders.
- Working between Weekends and Free People is dangerous to your wallet. When you leave work just keep your eyes forward and don’t look back or you will suddenly find yourself in one of Boulder’s boutiques.
- Taylor and Terri are always cold, no matter the temperature in the office their space heaters will be on full blast.
- Boulder is truly one of the most uniquely beautiful places in the world filled with some amazing people.
I am going to miss working on right Pearl Street and enjoying the food, people, and beautiful sites! Until next time Boulder! Happy Holidays everyone!